The Council of the European Union (EU) on Wednesday defined the attractiveness of international investments in hydrogen energy as a priority.
This is a consensus that was built in a virtual meeting with representatives of the Member States promoted by the Portuguese Presidency of the EU.
European energy portfolio leaders stressed the need to create a “stable regulatory framework” for hydrogen in the European Union, stressing that it is a competitive and predictable market.
“Public and private investments must come together, and governments have the responsibility to give the right signals, creating the conditions for the private sector to invest with stability and security,” said the Portuguese Minister of the Environment and the Environment. ‘Climate action, Joao Pedro Matos Fernandes.
Dutch Minister of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy Bas van’t Wout called for the mobilization of public sector investments for the implementation of the European strategy.
Planning the infrastructure needed for the production and distribution of hydrogen is crucial, said German Secretary of State for Economic Affairs and Energy Elisabeth Winkelmeier-Becker.
“It is time to accelerate investments and political decisions” in order to lay the foundations for stable investment, said Spain’s Secretary of State for Energy, Sara Aagesen Munoz.
Luxembourg Energy Minister Claude Turmes called on the EU to put in place a transparent system, as the private investor will only be interested in moving forward if there is transparency. (Xinhua / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yFt
- Yemen’s Houthi rebels attack Saudi airbase
- Uganda to import more AstraZeneca vaccines among new variants
- Chelsea beat Man City to secure their place in FA Cup final
- Cultism: police arrest 4 teenagers in Lagos
- CSOs call for the involvement of communities in the selection of projects
- The DSO will strengthen the IGR of States – Lai Mohammed
- TCN completes the renewal of the Sokoto-Birnin-Kebbi transmission line
- Launch of Lagos FreeTv, a crucial step for DSO – FG
- Why voter apathy characterizes Rivers LG Poll