Eritrea: Athlete Nazareth Woldu registers new record
NNN: Olympian Nazareth Woldu set a new record by finishing the race in 21 minutes and 28 seconds at the Seoul (Daegu) International Marathon held today, April 3 in Seoul, South Korea.
The athlete Nazareth improves the record that she held herself with 7 minutes.
In addition, the Olympian Nazareth has improved the 10 km national record held by the athlete Simret Sultan since 2006.
The Nazareth athlete has also improved her national marathon record for the fourth time, including at the 2018 Beirut Marathon, 2019 Gold-Coast Marathon, Australia, 2021 Milan Marathon and 2022 Seoul Marathon this year.
According to her coach, Livingston Abraha, the athlete Nazareth is preparing to participate in the international athletics competition that will take place this year in the United States.
The Mereb Setit Athletics Training Center has produced many Olympians, including Nazareth Woldu and Rahel Daniel.
- Fidelity bank set to take over boards of Kano, Benin, Kaduna DISCOs
- Hajj: Oyo pilgrims offer special prayers for Makinde, Nigeria
- South Africa: Minister Pandor attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bali, Indonesia
- Police warn cultists, hoodlums against celebrating ‘7/7’ Day in Osun
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General – on Mali
- UN needs $68.4 million to help Central African Republic where 2.2 million are acutely food insecure
- Lagos Assembly adopts recommendations on Data Protection Bill
- England ready for Old Trafford launch of Euro bid
- West Africa and the MSGBC Region Showcase a Hive of Exploration Activities
- NSITF to collaborate ILO to regulate COVID-19 claims, compensations
- NGO tasks media on championing basic education rights in Kaduna
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo