Enugu East LG budgets N2.6bn for 2022
NNN: The Executive Chairman of Enugu East local government council, Mr Livinus Anike on Friday presented a budget of N2.6 billion for 2022 to the legislative council for approval.
Presenting the budget tagged budget of transformation, Anike said it was made up of N1.9 billion recurrent expenditure and N780 million capital expenditure.
He said that the budget was focused on ensuring socio-economic development of the people.
According to him, the budget will focus on construction and rehabilitation of roads and improvement of social services such as education and quality healthcare.
“It will also ensure procurement and distribution of 500300KVA transformers, extension of electricity supply to many locations, installation of solar-powered street lights and equipping security personnel.
“Other include the completion of multi-purpose hall at the council secretariat, improvement of the agricultural sector and human empowerment,” Anike said.
The chairman said that the budget represented a major step toward delivery of democracy dividends to the people.
In his remarks, the leader the legislative council, Mr Obumnaeme Ekeh, appreciated Anike for presenting a transformational budget, assuring of expedite passage.
The Traditional Ruler of Nike Kingdom, Mr Julius Nnaji, on behalf of Enugu East Traditional Rulers’ Council, commended Anike for enthroning good governance in the council.
He described the budget as a proof of the transparent system of his administration and demonstration of his commitment to transform the council.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs