Engineer docked for allegedly misappropriating N75,000
NNN: An Engineer, Green Anyanwu, was on Monday docked in a Karu Grade I Area Court, Abuja for alleged cheating and misappropriation of N75,000.
The police charged Anyanwu, 50, who lives on 3rd Avenue, Gwarimpa, FCT Abuja, with criminal breach of trust, cheating and criminal misappropriation.
The Prosecution Counsel, Olanrewaju Osho, told the court that on April 4, a complainant entrusted the sum of N50,000 to the defendant as payment for repairs of his amplifiers, projector and twitter speakers.
Osho said on May 11, the defendant went back to the complainant and collected additional N25,000 making a total of N75,000.
The Prosecutor said with an intent to cheat, the defendant only repaired the twitter speakers and amplifiers, but failed to repair the projectors when the money paid was for the repairs of the three equipment.
The prosecutor said the matter was reported by Royal Prince Ekwe, of plot 238, Obana hotels, Karu Hills, New Layout Abuja.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 312, 322 and 309 of the Penal Code.
Anyanwu, however, pleaded not guilty to the offences.
The Judge, Maiwada Inuwa admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N100,000 with one surety in like sum.
Inuwa ordered that the surety must be reasonable and reliable.
He adjourned the case until June 29, for further hearing.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family