The programme was jointly being organised by the Nigeria Energy Forum (NEF) and Nigerian Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer (NIEEE).
Adeuyi said: “The virtual conference series is aim at strengthening and enriching the national discourse on sustainable electrification and clean energy investments.
“It will also focus on energy technologies for remote working.
“This follows stakeholder consultation on the physical event, which was postponed in April due to the global challenge of COVID– 19 pandemic.”
He said that in August, the forum completed a cross-industry electronic survey, which revealed that about 85 per cent of stakeholders were highly interested in attending a monthly two-hour virtual conference series.
Adeuyi said the virtual conference would hold on Sept.10; Oct. 8; Nov. 5 and Dec. 3.
“No fewer than one thousand participants are expected to attend the four free webinars, which will feature virtual technical, investment and training sessions.
“Participants will acquire new skills through exposure to modern energy technologies, and engage with expert speakers and training providers.”
He said that the series, which would focus on Energy Solutions for Sustainable Recovery, would begin on Sept.10.
He said the Minister of State for Power, Dr Goddy Agba, would formally open the webinar series on Sept.10.
He said that the lead discussants include: “Prof. James Momoh, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Mrs Onyeche Tifase, Managing Director, Siemens Energy Limited Nigeria.”
Edited By: Olagoke Olatoye
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3tIH
- NAFDAC evolves programmes to support small businesses
- Meet the Collective for the Renewal of Africa (CORA), the Pan-African Collective that seeks to restore Africa’s intellectual freedom
- Platform Capital Celebrates World Health Day 2021 with Synchronized Global Medical Awareness Across Eight Countries
- Coronavirus – Namibia: COVID-19 update (April 11, 2021)
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 update (April 11, 2021)
- Gunmen attack Ebonyi community hours after southeast governors held security meeting
- APC replies Gov. Obaseki on state of economy
- NiDCOM congratulates Nigerian over Queen’s appointment in Canada
- NGO inaugurates skill acquisition centre for IDPs in Kaduna