Elections: Emir urge Nigerians to respect rule of law
NNN: Elections: Emir urges Nigerians to respect rule of law
The Emir of Zazzau, Dr Shehu Idris, has called on Nigerians to respect the rule of law and promote national unity toward building a formidable country.
He made the appeal in an interview with newsmen shortly after casting his vote at Emir’s palace Polling Unit in Zaria, Kaduna State, on Saturday.
The monarch, who is also the Chairman, Kaduna State Council of Emirs and Chiefs, said the call became imperative in view of the fact that peace was critical to meaningful development.
The traditional ruler lauded the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for improving on the previous elections and security personnel for providing adequate security during the elections.
Check at different polling units in Zaria by a correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria indicated that the elections ended peacefully and without any major hitch in Zaria and environs.
The emir, however, commended the people for coming out in their large numbers, exercising their franchise.
“Election is an opportunity for the people to elect credible leaders of their choice.
“I want to call on the people to maintain the peace, even after the exercise, so that the prevailing peace is sustained for the good of all,” he said.
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women