2023 Elections: Activist urges Nigerians to vote persons, not party
NNN: Mr Ebubeagu Ekenulo, an activist, on Friday urged Nigerians to vote credible candidates across the country irrespective of political party affiliations.
Ekenulo gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja.
He called on the electorate to de-emphasise party affiliation or religious or ethnic leaning if they truly desired a credible leadership.
The activist, who expressed displeasure with the level of insecurity and corruption, said that it was time for Nigerians to put the country on the path of prosperity again.
“I advise Nigerians to vote credible candidates irrespective of their political parties.
“Vote against corruption and bad governance, vote against insecurity and vote out incompetent leadership,” he said.
He reiterated the imperatives of restoring sanity and hope for Nigerians by Nigerians through the ballot box.
According to him, a new Nigeria is possible when the electorate reject bad and corrupt candidates even with their monetary inducement.
Ekenulo, however, expressed optimism that Nigerians would get it right with the concerted efforts of all stakeholders.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs