By Mohammed Tijjani
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has “deep empathy” for the parents of students kidnapped from the Federal Forest Mechanization College, his Homeland Security and Home Affairs Commissioner Samuel Aruwan said.
Mr. Aruwan, in a statement released in Kaduna Friday, said El-Rufai was making vigorous efforts to secure the release of the abducted students.
“Contrary to the misdeeds of some sections of the media, the bond between El-Rufai and the parents of the abducted students is ‘deep’, amid strenuous efforts to secure their release.
“The governor will continue to work hard until the banditry is contained, without giving in to emotional blackmail and the gradual politicization of the unfortunate situation,” said the commissioner.
He explained that a statement issued by the government in which he warned impostors posing as government-appointed emissaries seeking to negotiate with bandits across the state had nothing to do with parents. or relatives of abducted students.
“Rather, it was primarily aimed at certain people exploiting the security situation in the state and in neighboring states,” Aruwan said.
He said the state government would “not join the issues with parents whose pains we understand and with whom we share the common goal of returning all abducted students.”
The commissioner said the state government will continue to work to crush banditry, kidnappings and other criminal acts in Kaduna state.
“We believe that most people of goodwill share this desire, and we urge everyone to beware of those who see the misery of others as an opportunity for unnecessary controversy,” said Aruwan. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yTr
- FG proposes 65 yrs retirement age for doctors, health workers
- Anambra 2021: Sen. Okadigbo drums support for APC’s Andy Uba
- Insecurity : We will not relent in fight against criminality – Police
- Manchester City win 2020/21 EPL title
- Osinbajo to represent Nigeria at Ugandan presidential inauguration
- Osinbajo lauds SecureID for pioneering smart card manufacturing in Nigeria
- NDLEA confirms attack on its Ohafia office in Abia
- Tension in Edo PDP over dissolution of State, LGA party executives
- Sultan declares Thursday as 1st day of Shawwal