Ekiti Election: Senate President congratulates Oyebanji
NNN: The President of the Senate, Dr. Ahmad Lawan, has congratulated Mr. Biodun Oyebanji of the All Progressives Congress(APC) on his victory in Saturday’s governorship election in Ekiti.
Lawan ,in a statement by Mr Ola Awoniyi, his Special Adviser on Media on Sunday, also congratulated the APC, both at the state and national levels, the people of Ekiti on the peaceful and successful conduct of the poll.
The Senate President said the outcome of the election was a reflection of the trust and confidence Nigerians across the country had in the party.
According to him,the smooth conduct of the election is an indication of what to expect in 2023 general elections as democracy continues to grow firm roots in Nigeria under the APC government, led by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Lawan commended the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) for delivering a poll widely adjudged as free, fair, transparent and hitch-free.
He wishes the governor-elect God’s guidance as he prepares for the onerous task ahead.
- As the Transitional Period Nears its End, Inclusion of Women’s Voices Becomes Key for Enduring Peace in South Sudan
- IGP tasks new police constables on discipline, professionalism
- Ex- NAGAFF President sets agenda for Sambo
- Ethiopia parliament sets up body to probe mass killings
- 2023: Senatorial candidate appeals for calm, unity in PDP
- Cyprus reinforces face mask rule indoors
- Meta’s AI Machine Translation Research Helps Break Language Barriers
- Impeachment: Court fixes July 26 for judgment in Oyo Deputy Governor’s suit
- Bankrupt Sri Lanka asks Putin for fuel, tourists
- 2023: CSO tasks INEC on improved stakeholders’ enlightenment, mobilisation
- Kuje custodial attack: NSCDC describes slain personnel as a gallant officer
- Federal lawmaker congratulates Olowo of Owo in Ondo State at 56
- Delta Assembly passes Development, Property Authority Bill
- Kaduna govt. inaugurates committee for policy on private school operations
- Stakeholders call for increase in death notification
- Estate agent faces N3.4m land scam charge
- Kano traffic agency deploys 1,500 personnel for Eid-el-Kabir
- WHO to reconvene monkeypox emergency committee
- Seadogs lifts Nasarawa community with portable water
- 467 police constables graduate from Police College, Ilorin