Ekiti election: Oyetola congratulates Oyebanji, APC leaders
NNN: Ekiti election: Oyetola congratulates Oyebanji, APC leaders
By Victor Adeoti
Osogbo, June 19, 2020. Gov. Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun has congratulated Mr Biodun Oyebanji,the gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti, on his victory at Saturday’s governorship election in the state.
This is contained in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Ismail Omipidan, on Sunday in Osogbo .
The governor also felicitated the incumbent governor Mr Kayode Fayemi, National Chairman of the APC, Sen.Abdullahi Adamu, on what he described as a well-deserved victory
He commended President Muhammadu Buhari and presidential candidate of the APC, Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu for their support and contributions to the triumph of the party at the just- concluded election.
The governor also rejoiced with the people of Ekiti State for keeping faith with the APC by voting en masse for the party,
Oyetola said that the outcome of the exercise was a true reflection of their wishes and aspirations.
Oyetola said he was confident that the governor-elect would reciprocate the mandate given him by delivering quality governance and dividends of democracy to the people of the state.
“On behalf of my family, government and the good people of Osun, I congratulate the governor-elect of Ekiti State, Biodun Oyebanji, on his victory at the governorship election held yesterday.
“I also congratulate Governor Kayode Fayemi, the National chairman of our great party, the APC, Senator Abdullahi Adamu, leaders and supporters of the party on this well-deserved and sweet electoral victory.
“With his antecedents and leadership experience,Mr Biodun Oyebanji is no doubt a worthy successor to Governor Fayemi. I am confident that he will not disappoint the people of Ekiti,” Oyetola said.
Oyetola also lauded the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), for enhancing the credibility of the electoral process with the peaceful conduct of the poll.
He also commended security agencies, political parties and their candidates, and the people of Ekiti for the peaceful and successful conduct of the
- Kuje custodial attack: NSCDC describes slain personnel as a gallant officer
- Federal lawmaker congratulates Olowo of Owo in Ondo State at 56
- Delta Assembly passes Development, Property Authority Bill
- Kaduna govt. inaugurates committee for policy on private school operations
- Stakeholders call for increase in death notification
- Estate agent faces N3.4m land scam charge
- Kano traffic agency deploys 1,500 personnel for Eid-el-Kabir
- WHO to reconvene monkeypox emergency committee
- Seadogs lifts Nasarawa community with portable water
- 467 police constables graduate from Police College, Ilorin
- Police pass out 9,989 Constables from training schools
- New Islamic Development Bank Institute (IsDBI) Book Enriches Knowledge on Fatāwa Related to Leasing Contracts
- Man, 40, faces N1.7m visa scam charge
- Eid-el Kabir: We’re badly affected by economic downturn, ram sellers, buyers cry out
- Cuba Consortium signs agreement to establish vaccines manufacturing plant in Bayelsa
- Acting VC tasks Deans on soft, developmental skills
- Teenager in court for alleged shop breaking
- The Chairperson of the African Union Commission calls for tolerance and peaceful co-existence in Western Ethiopia
- Man, 24, docked for alleged shop breaking, theft
- Honoring H.E. Muhammad Barkindo, Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Secretary General