Ekiti APC’s victory beginning of our successes in 2023– Lagos APC
NNN: The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos State, says the party’s victory at Saturday’s governorship election in Ekiti is the beginning of APC’s winnings ahead of the 2023 general elections.
While congratulating the APC Governor-Elect in Ekiti, Mr Biodun Oyebanji, Ojelabi said that the party was gradually taking over.
“This is the first victory in the series of victories to come for our party, the All Progressives Congress, since the emergence of our Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as APC Presidential Candidate.
“The count has started, many more to come. This is a good development for us as we are gradually and willl completely take over,” Ojelabi said.
He, however, urged Oyebanji to be magnanimous in victory in the interest of the people of the state.
Oyebanji won Saturday’s election with 187, 057 votes, while the candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Chief Segun Oni got 82, 211 votes, and Chief Bisi Kolawole, the PDP candidate came third with 67,457 votes.
- NSCDC inducts 136 new recruits in Imo
- As the Transitional Period Nears its End, Inclusion of Women’s Voices Becomes Key for Enduring Peace in South Sudan
- IGP tasks new police constables on discipline, professionalism
- Ex- NAGAFF President sets agenda for Sambo
- Ethiopia parliament sets up body to probe mass killings
- 2023: Senatorial candidate appeals for calm, unity in PDP
- Cyprus reinforces face mask rule indoors
- Meta’s AI Machine Translation Research Helps Break Language Barriers
- Impeachment: Court fixes July 26 for judgment in Oyo Deputy Governor’s suit
- Bankrupt Sri Lanka asks Putin for fuel, tourists
- 2023: CSO tasks INEC on improved stakeholders’ enlightenment, mobilisation
- Kuje custodial attack: NSCDC describes slain personnel as a gallant officer
- Federal lawmaker congratulates Olowo of Owo in Ondo State at 56
- Delta Assembly passes Development, Property Authority Bill
- Kaduna govt. inaugurates committee for policy on private school operations
- Stakeholders call for increase in death notification
- Estate agent faces N3.4m land scam charge
- Kano traffic agency deploys 1,500 personnel for Eid-el-Kabir
- WHO to reconvene monkeypox emergency committee
- Seadogs lifts Nasarawa community with portable water