This is contained in a message posted by his spokesperson, Garba Shehu, on Monday in Abuja to mark the occasion scheduled for October 19, which has been declared a public holiday.
The president urged Muslims to strive for “forgiveness and closeness to the noble life and teachings of the Prophet (SAW) whose birthday is celebrated on this blessed day.”
“On this auspicious occasion, I wish you all blessings today.”
The President took the opportunity to provide an overview of the increased activities of the armed forces, police and intelligence services that are engaged in responding effectively to the security challenges in the country.
According to him, the government expects and understands that these trends continue.
He therefore called on the media to change the tone, content and standards of reporting in safety and security measures, saying the time has come to reverse the prefixes “increasing insecurity” with “decreasing insecurity”.
The president added that “increased cooperation and collaboration on the part of the citizens, coupled with a reinvigorated, dynamic and energized police, security and military leadership, are helping the administration to achieve more victories against terrorism, the crime and economic sabotage.
“The reality of declining insecurity should replace the inaccurate narrative of growing insecurity in the country.
“While there is work to be done, the men and women in uniform who are helping the nation achieve this goal, wish our collective appreciation and encouragement to do even more.
“The whole country and its mass communication systems have a duty in this regard. “
Mr Buhari also called on road users to drive carefully and avoid unnecessary accidents.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D8D
- Pakistan optimistic of greater trade, investment cooperation with Nigeria
- President Buhari orders security agencies to be `merciless’ with highway criminals
- Police in Niger State rescue 8 kidnap victims
- Lagos Govt plans 3,456 housing units for public, private sector workers
- Jumia Nigeria announces boost on Black Friday sales
- Group inaugurates scholarship for indigent girls
- Gambia: Truth and Reconciliation Report Must Lead to Justice and Reparations for Victims
- UNITAMS Statement on Violence in Darfur Region
- Workshop: Development of the Policy Framework on Namibian research outputs and Journal Accreditation
- Dollar up along with S&P 500 ahead of US holiday
- Nigeria will benefit from energy transition – ECN D-G
- Conference wants ECOWAS Community Laws included in universities’ curricula
- Okowa felicitates Atiku at 75
- NNPC, GACN, Nasarawa Govt. sign gas supply MoU
- The United States pledges to support the youth of Tanzania when USAID turns 60