According to the authorities, it contains false information about the number of infections.
On Sunday, The Guardian quoted infectious disease specialists from Canada who estimate the number of coronavirus cases in Egypt at over 19,000.
Egypt’s health authorities have so far reported 166 infections, including four deaths and 26 recovered cases.
It said was “full of professional mistakes, otherwise, the office will be closed.
“If it does not apologise, all legal measures, including the closure and revoking the accreditation of the paper’s office in Egypt, will be taken,” it added in a statement.
The SIS said it also issued a “warning” to The New York Times reporter regarding tweets about the number of coronavirus cases in Egypt.
“The head of SIS, Diaa Rashwan summoned the two reporters on Monday.
“They were faced by the professional violations and the deliberate falsification that the report and the tweets contained,’’ the SIS added in a statement.
It added that they depended on only one source to get such data and information.
It said that they did not seek the opinion of the bodies concerned in Egypt, such as the Health Ministry and the office of the World Health Organisation.
Edited By: Abiodun Oluleye/Felix Ajide
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-34l9
- Yemen’s Houthi rebels attack Saudi airbase
- Uganda to import more AstraZeneca vaccines among new variants
- Chelsea beat Man City to secure their place in FA Cup final
- Cultism: police arrest 4 teenagers in Lagos
- CSOs call for the involvement of communities in the selection of projects
- The DSO will strengthen the IGR of States – Lai Mohammed
- TCN completes the renewal of the Sokoto-Birnin-Kebbi transmission line
- Launch of Lagos FreeTv, a crucial step for DSO – FG
- Why voter apathy characterizes Rivers LG Poll