By Aderonke Ojediran
On Wednesday, Alhaji Kazeem Rabiu, chairman of the Egbe-Idimu Community Development Committee (CDC), inaugurated the 250 million naira Trust Fund to support the government in its development campaign.
The fund, he said, was born out of the need to complement the government’s effort in education, security and infrastructure.
Rabiu told the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) in an interview at the inauguration location that building a better community is a collective effort.
“Our intervention in education is in the area of equipment, such as giving back glory to public libraries.
“We want to make conscious efforts to make sure that we are building a community of readers, we want to resuscitate the culture of reading among our young people.
“The 250 million naira trust fund should help us achieve this and other goals,” he said.
He added that intervention in the security sector was also a priority to ensure that community security officers receive adequate support.
Hon. Kunle Olowoopejo, the zone chairman of the Egbe-Idimu Local Government Development Council (LCDA) congratulated the CDC chairman and urged him and members of his executive committee not to give in to their attempt to make Egbe-Idimu a model for further advice.
“It’s commendable and I’m proud of you and your exco, you continue to show your commitment to board growth, you’ve set a pace for others to follow.
“We will continue to give the CDC all the necessary support,” said Olowoopejo.
Senator Olamilekan Solomon Adeola also urged other CDCs to emulate Egbe-Idimu.
Represented by Mr. Biq Rajh, the senator said: “We are here today because the members of this community have looked beyond religion, tribe and others to unite and pursue a common objective.
“I will certainly support your good vision, but it will not be made public, I am proud of this riding and can assure you that I will continue to give back to society in service and good deed.
NAN reports that donations and pledges have been made by private individuals and companies to actualize the 250 million naira project. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOV
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners