By Mercy Obojeghren
In a statement by his chief press secretary, Mr. Olisa Ifeajika, Thursday in Asaba, the governor congratulated the contingent on their exceptional performance and for maintaining the state’s winning streak at the sports festival.
According to him, the Delta team has once again brought credit to the state by winning the competition for the sixth consecutive time.
“On behalf of the government and people of Delta, I congratulate the members of the victorious Delta team for once again bringing honor to our great state with their sixth consecutive NSF victory.
“As I said before you left for Benin for the games, you all went through difficult times to prepare for the 20th edition of the festival.
“I am glad that by the grace of God, with discipline, perseverance and motivation, you have brought the trophy home again.
“Although we had some tough competition from the host, we were able to maintain our unassailable lead, and we give God all the glory.
“Let me assure you that because you have kept your own side of the market by winning the competition again, the state government remains irrevocably committed to rewarding medalists in the competition,” Okowa said.
He praised the state athletic commission and the Delta team coaches for leading the contingent to victory.
The governor also praised the Edo government for not only hosting the festival after several postponements, but for doing so successfully.
The competition’s defending champion Delta team topped the table with 158 gold, 126 silver and 110 bronze, winning a total of 394 medals.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPT
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel