Ecuador registered 674 new cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, with a total of 231,482 cases, the Ministry of Public Health reported on Sunday.
In addition, the ministry confirmed three new deaths from the virus, bringing the death toll to 9,714. Meanwhile, 199,332 patients have recovered from the disease so far.
The ministry said that all 24 provinces nationwide continue registering an increase in cases due to citizens not following official health recommendations.
The province of Pichincha continues to be the epicenter of the pandemic in the country with 81,130 cases, most of which are located in the capital city of Quito.
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 update (February 28, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 28, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (February 28, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 28, 2021)
- African FinTech start-up ImaliPay raises upfront funds to meet the financial needs of outsourced workers
- Coronavirus – Africa: First doses of COVID-19 COVAX vaccine administered in Africa
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (February 28, 2021)
- The Qhubeka ASSOS team announces a solid program for Le Samyn
- Professor Umar Danbatta to deliver the Bullion lecture
- SouthBridge Investments announces innovative joint venture with Charles Kié as CEO