The Ebonyi Government says it will establish ranches for local herders in the 13 local government areas of the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that some of the stakeholders include state committee on herdsmen/farmers’ matters, members of Miyetti-Allah Cattle Breeders Association on Nigeria (MACBAN) and Ebonyi Local Government Advisory Committee.
Others are the 13 local government Chairmen and Technical Assistants and Supervisors on herdsmen/farmers’ matters.
Ofoke said that establishment of the ranches was part of government’s efforts to prevent local cows from going into extinction.
“Yes, the state governor has mandated the establishment of ranches for our local cows. You know our local breed are already going into extinction.
“We want our people to breed our cows the same way the herders are doing it.
“When we breed, we sell and make money from there,” he said.
The Attorney-General disclosed that the state governor, Chief Dave Umahi had appointed Technical Assistants and Supervisors including herders in all the 13 Local Governments in the state.
He said they would mediate between herdsmen and farmers matters in the state.
“The Governor have made appointees, including the herders in all the 13 local government areas of the state.
“The meeting is very significant and it was to familiarise with the new appointees and the state committee on herdsmen/farmers’ matters,” Ofoke said.
“I urge my people to be law abiding and tolerant and that is the first thing to do. Always be tolerant and always report to us, who are their leaders, on any matter before acting,” Sadiq advised.
Edited By: Maureen Atuonwu
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3vzb
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)
- JUSUN, PASAN strike to end soon – FG
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 6, 2021)
- Jagun emerges new president of computer professionals council