By Ismail Abdulaziz
Governor Abubakar Bello of Niger urged Christians to use the Easter period for sober reflection on the virtues of love, selflessness and perseverance as exemplified by Jesus Christ.
He said Christians should take advantage of this time and pray for God’s intervention amid the various security challenges plaguing the nation.
“There is no doubt that these are difficult times in our country. Insecurity in almost all parts of the country.
“However, rather than succumbing to the wishes of evildoers and feeling threatened by these uncertain times, we need to realize that these are trials, and should strengthen our resolve to collectively face our challenges.
“This moment calls for sober reflection and not fanfare, therefore, I urge Christians to remain steadfast and fervent in prayer, that God will bring peace to our earth so that the problems of banditry, terrorism, kidnapping and all forms of insecurity come to an end, ”he said.
The Governor wished the Christian faithful a successful and smooth celebration, while urging them to be concerned about safety and to report any suspicious movement to the appropriate authorities.
The feast of Easter is an annual and solemn celebration for Christians, it is the foundation of Christianity, characterized by the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ for having accepted to die on the cross for the good of humanity.
The resurrection of Christ on the third day gives the hope of life in the future to the Christian faithful.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yxL
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 5, 2021)
- Day of the Midwife: Invest in midwives to save more lives — UNFPA
- Liquid Telecom unveils new identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies in Botswana as it establishes itself as the digital services partner of choice for African businesses
- Buhari salutes ex-NSC DG Al-Hassan Yakmut at 60
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Enugu State inaugurates board for universal health coverage
- Video Press Release: WHO Africa COVID-19 Online Briefing
- Singer Paul Okoye hits 1m subscribers on YouTube, receives gold plaque