By David Adeoye
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State congratulated Christians in the state and around the world on the celebration of Easter 2021, urging them to embrace more love and forgiveness.
Makinde, in a statement released to Ibadan on Saturday by his chief press secretary Taiwo Adisa urged Christians to, in the spirit of the season, continue to be keepers of their brothers and forgive others.
The governor expressed his gratitude to God for sparing the lives of the people of the state, especially the Christian faithful to attend the Easter season.
He instructed Christians across the state not to take the price Jesus Christ paid for their salvation lightly and to continue to stay connected to Jesus Christ.
“Jesus Christ paid the price for us. We must therefore continue to support the government and, in the spirit of the season, be the guardians of our brothers.
“If someone has offended you, this is the time to forgive. This is also the time to connect with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who died so that we can be saved, ”said Makinde.
The governor urged residents of the state to continue to support his administration and stand steadfast. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yAj
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel