Driver in court for allegedly beating man to a pulp
NNN: A 23-year-old driver, Omowaye Ige, on Tuesday appeared before an Okitipupa Chief Magistrates’ Court in Ondo State for allegedly beating one Kingsley Major to a pulp.
The defendant, whose address was not given, was charged with assault.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Moremi Akano, told the court that the defendant, had on July 7, around 10:00 a.m at No. 27, Apalubo St., Okitipupa, beaten the complainant to a pulp during a minor disagreement.
Akano said that the complainant sustained injury on the left eye during the assault.
She said the offence was punishable under Section 355 of the Criminal Code, Cap.37, Vol.1, Law of Ondo State, 2006.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Chief Magistrate, Mr Dickson Ogunfuyi, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N150,000 and a surety in like sum.
Ogunfuyi directed that the the surety must provide evidence of one year tax payment to the state government.
He adjourned the case until Sept.11 for further hearing. (NAN)
Edited by Tayo Ikujuni/Tajudeen Atitebi
- UN needs $68.4 million to help Central African Republic where 2.2 million are acutely food insecure
- Lagos Assembly adopts recommendations on Data Protection Bill
- England ready for Old Trafford launch of Euro bid
- West Africa and the MSGBC Region Showcase a Hive of Exploration Activities
- NSITF to collaborate ILO to regulate COVID-19 claims, compensations
- NGO tasks media on championing basic education rights in Kaduna
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina