Investing in African Mining Indaba (Mining Indaba) (www.MiningIndaba.com), part of Hyve Group Plc is delighted to announce the first line-up of keynote speakers for Mining Indaba Virtual, which will be held on 2-3 February 2021. Mining Indaba is renowned for offering a high calibre of speakers, and 2021 is no exception.
The organisers are extremely pleased to confirm that His Excellency, Félix Tshisekedi, President of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has confirmed his participation at the online conference.
President Tshisekedi became leader of the DRC in January 2019; it was a landmark moment for the country as the first peaceful and democratic transfer of power. He will be delivering the opening keynote address of Mining Indaba Virtual on 3 February 2021.
“It’s an honour to be able to host His Excellency, President Félix Tshisekedi, at Mining Indaba Virtual. He will be among a group of exceptional speakers we’ll be hosting on the virtual stage, discussing issues affecting the mining sector, including improving bilateral trade and economic relations. It is very exciting for us that the online event is attracting so much interest from both Governments and the private sector,” comments Simon Ford, Portfolio Director, Mining Indaba.
Joining His Excellency on the growing list of speakers are CEOs, government leaders and senior representatives from across the global mining industry. Together they will tackle topics including using mining to reboot national economies, embracing ESG in the boardroom, harnessing the power of automation and the rise of gold during the COVID-19 pandemic.
First line-up of speakers includes:
- Mark Cutifani, Chief Executive, Anglo American
- Bady Baldé, Deputy Executive and Africa Director, EITI
- Clive Govender, CEO & Founder, CGC Consulting
- Sabine Dall'Omo, CEO, Southern & Eastern Africa, Siemens
- Neil Hume, Natural Resources Editor, Financial Times
- Roger Baxter, CEO, Minerals Council South Africa
- Neal Froneman, CEO, Sibanye-Stillwater
- Fortune Mojapelo, CEO, Bushveld Minerals
- Nick Holland, CEO, Gold Fields
- Dr. Kwasi Ampofo, Lead Metals Analyst, BloombergNEF
- Lord Charles Vivian, Director, Tavistock
The theme for Mining Indaba Virtual is ‘Resilience & Regrowth: Adopting the New Mindset for African Mining’ to help rebuild and shape the future of the industry. This free to attend online conference features high-level content including pioneering insights, multi-stakeholder strategic conversations, keynote addresses and more.
Registration for the Mining Indaba Virtual has now opened, the event is free to attend.
For more information about the programme, visit the website here (https://bit.ly/3ojDyl8).
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3xiw
- National grid: TCN confirms total system collapse
- Ugandan president, Museveni sworn in for new term
- Rugby’s global expansion increases in Africa
- Iraqi president urges end to Palestinian-Israeli tensions
- Masses critical stakeholders in my administration – Gov. Oyetola
- Eid-el-Fitr: Fire Service CG cautions Nigerians on fire safety measures
- Fears of ‘full-scale war’ between Israel, Palestinians as deaths rise
- Riot Games MENA breaks cultural barriers to unite gamers with the launch of Anta Al Batal, a new musical beat for VALORANT
- Eid-el-Fitr: Police deploys 4,144 personnel in Kano State