The flood swept away two people on Saturday as they collected firewood along a river near their home in central Nghe An province.
The National Steering Committee on Natural Disaster Prevention and Control had said.
The other victim was a man who died in a landslide in northern Hoa Binh province while his family was sleeping.
Three members of his family were injured, the committee said.
According to the report, authorities are looking for the three missing persons in Quang Tri and Quang Binh provinces, in the country’s central provinces.
Northern and central Vietnam experienced heavy rains over the weekend due to a convergence of a cold snap and tropical turbulence.
Since Friday, the central region had experienced an average rainfall, ranging from 150 millimeters to 300 millimeters.
Some localities have experienced rainfall of up to 1.1 meters, the National Center for Hydrometeorological Prediction said.
Torrential rains triggered floods that disrupted life in central Vietnam.
Some streets along famous tourist spots in Hoi An City, Quang Nam Province, have been submerged by floodwaters 20 to 50 centimeters deep.
Heavy rains of up to 150 millimeters are expected to fall in central regions on Monday, the weather service said.
Authorities had warned that more flash floods and landslides could occur in the coming days and called for precautions.
dpa / NAN
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D7v
- Pakistan optimistic of greater trade, investment cooperation with Nigeria
- President Buhari orders security agencies to be `merciless’ with highway criminals
- Police in Niger State rescue 8 kidnap victims
- Lagos Govt plans 3,456 housing units for public, private sector workers
- Jumia Nigeria announces boost on Black Friday sales
- Group inaugurates scholarship for indigent girls
- Gambia: Truth and Reconciliation Report Must Lead to Justice and Reparations for Victims
- UNITAMS Statement on Violence in Darfur Region
- Workshop: Development of the Policy Framework on Namibian research outputs and Journal Accreditation
- Dollar up along with S&P 500 ahead of US holiday
- Nigeria will benefit from energy transition – ECN D-G
- Conference wants ECOWAS Community Laws included in universities’ curricula
- Okowa felicitates Atiku at 75
- NNPC, GACN, Nasarawa Govt. sign gas supply MoU
- The United States pledges to support the youth of Tanzania when USAID turns 60