The writer died Sunday at the age of 84, he added.
In Denmark, Bodelsen, who came from Copenhagen, is one of the greatest literary figures in recent history; he was also active as a journalist for many years.
His novels published in English translation include Hit and Run, Run, Run, Think of a Number, Freezing Down, Consider the Verdict and Operation Cobra.
Some of his works have also been made into films.
He received several awards for his books in his home country, including the Danish Critics’ Prize in 1968.
dpa / NAN
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D7B
- Pakistan optimistic of greater trade, investment cooperation with Nigeria
- President Buhari orders security agencies to be `merciless’ with highway criminals
- Police in Niger State rescue 8 kidnap victims
- Lagos Govt plans 3,456 housing units for public, private sector workers
- Jumia Nigeria announces boost on Black Friday sales
- Group inaugurates scholarship for indigent girls
- Gambia: Truth and Reconciliation Report Must Lead to Justice and Reparations for Victims
- UNITAMS Statement on Violence in Darfur Region
- Workshop: Development of the Policy Framework on Namibian research outputs and Journal Accreditation
- Dollar up along with S&P 500 ahead of US holiday
- Nigeria will benefit from energy transition – ECN D-G
- Conference wants ECOWAS Community Laws included in universities’ curricula
- Okowa felicitates Atiku at 75
- NNPC, GACN, Nasarawa Govt. sign gas supply MoU
- The United States pledges to support the youth of Tanzania when USAID turns 60