The new center is responsible for meeting all the training needs of Dangote Cement drivers.
The new center has summoned its first graduates from 50 apprentice drivers.
At the event, Mr. Harisson Pepple, manager of the Dangote Driver Training Center, said the training was in line with the company’s zero tolerance policy for car accidents.
Pepple said the trainee drivers were drawn from existing Motor Boys, adding that the training period was six months.
He expressed optimism that “the days of accidents involving Dangote trucks are numbered”.
“The learner driver program is comprehensive. The first twelve weeks are theoretical. Then there are three months of attachment, ”he said.
He said the idea for the new center was conceived in June 2020 with the aim of constantly training, retraining and involving the company’s drivers.
He said the company was hiring another group of qualified drivers with Class G licenses, noting that the center was collaborating with the Federal Road Safety Corps in these activities.
He added that the trainees also learned defensive driving techniques, which involved driving to save lives, time and property.
The Dangote group has taken rigorous measures to minimize automobile accidents, and the new training center is a continuation of these innovation efforts.
Some of the company’s efforts to reduce accidents include: driver recertification, pre-trip and post-trip inspections, drug testing, on-board camera, and vehicle tracking.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yE7
- How Organizations Can Shape Their Culture for the New World of Work
- Conservative ex-banker Lasso wins presidential run-off in Ecuador
- Promote the financial inclusion of local Senegalese businesses in the energy sector
- Roche: Antibody cocktail diminishes risk of symptomatic COVID-19
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (April 11, 2021)
- 165 ancient tombs found in east China
- WHO, Yobe train 40 doctors on clinical management of rape victims
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated appoints Akin Dada as Group Director, Corporate & Investment Banking
- DPR inaugurates ADR centre in Lagos