By Moses Omorogieva
Police arrested four teenagers, including three high school students, in Lagos for allegedly trying to attack a rival group at a high school.
Adejobi said police officers, attached to the Alakuko division in Lagos command, arrested the suspects on Friday.
According to him, the suspects are between 14 and 18 years old.
He said two of the suspects were from Odewale Community High School, Ijoko Ogun, one from Tunik International School, Dalemo Alakuko, Lagos and an apprentice tailor in Dalemo Alakuko.
“Police officers had heard of the planned retaliatory attacks against their rivals in the school and rushed to the scene as soon as the suspects arrived to cause a pandemonium and attack their targets.
“Items like cutlasses, weeds suspected of being cannabis, and assorted charms were recovered from them,” he said.
In another development, agents from the D9 (anti-theft) section of the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department on Saturday arrested three suspected 19-year-old thieves / cultists.
The police spokesperson said that based on information provided by members of the public, police officers arrested the suspect at Marble Guest House, No.33 Ajibike Street, Ogudu, Ojota, around 3 h 25.
Adejobi said a Beretta pistol, weeds suspected of being cannabis and matching charms were also recovered.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yUr
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 5, 2021)
- Day of the Midwife: Invest in midwives to save more lives — UNFPA
- Liquid Telecom unveils new identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies in Botswana as it establishes itself as the digital services partner of choice for African businesses
- Buhari salutes ex-NSC DG Al-Hassan Yakmut at 60
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Enugu State inaugurates board for universal health coverage
- Video Press Release: WHO Africa COVID-19 Online Briefing
- Singer Paul Okoye hits 1m subscribers on YouTube, receives gold plaque