Sterling Bank Plc has donated N25 million as part of a partnership between Giving.ng, a crowd-funding platform, and Netcore Solutions, a technology company, to raise N1 billion to assist frontline health professionals.
Ms. Peju Ibekwe, Project Manager, Giving.ng, said on Friday in Lagos, that some spirited individuals also donated N2 million, bringing the amount raised so far to N27 million.
Ibekwe said the partnership sought to improve the efficiency of Giving.ng’s crowd-funding efforts while Netcore Solutions would support the process with its high powered technology services.
Ibekwe said during the fund-raising, which would last for 12 months, Netcore Solutions would partner with Giving.ng on automation of its donor engagement, fundraising campaign, reporting processes and personnel training.
“Giving.ng will get unlimited access to Netcore’s AI-Powered email platform and will be able to develop necessary campaigns that engage donors and relevant corporates.
“In addition, the team at Netcore Solutions will invest their time to enhance the impact of ongoing and new projects that will be initiated by Giving.ng,” she said in a statement.
Netcore’s Country Manager Africa, Nisham Chhabra said Netcore Solutions was proud to support Giving.ng with its fundraising effort, especially at a crucial time such as this one.
Chhabra said in addition to making Netcore platform available, experts would volunteer their time and effort to support Giving.ng’s crowd-funding campaigns.
He said the organisation had realised that COVID-19 pandemic would be critical and organisations such as Giving.ng would lead efforts to raise funds to help minimise the impact.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Giving.ng is a crowd sourcing platform dedicated to the building of local and international partnerships to create lasting social impact, reduce poverty and leverage a better world.
Edited By: Joe Idika/Salif Atojoko (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3c6i
- The Ecobank Group obtains a line of credit of 100 million euros from the European Investment Bank to finance SMEs
- Huawei CloudCampus revolutionizes network management on campuses around the world
- Huawei: Fastest Growing Leader in Gartner’s 2021 Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage
- The oil and natural gas industry supports the CEMAC Business Energy Forum in Congo, Brazzaville
- The draw for the FIFA Club World Cup UAE 2021 ™ will take place on 29 November
- During the latest edition of the IATF in Durban, South Africa, the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC) organized two side events, under the AATB program, to share its vision and programs aimed at accelerating trade across the African continent.
- 27 ships unload petroleum products and other items in the ports of Lagos – NPA
- Nuclear talks with Iran ended ‘inconclusively’, says IAEA chief
- Nigeria Air will take off in April 2022, says Sirika
- Senate gets into leadership crisis at NIEPA
- Technip Energies Senegal National Director Confirmed as Keynote Speaker at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021 Conference and Exhibition
- Apple sues Israeli spyware maker for targeting its users
- UN special envoy for Yemen Hans Grundberg concludes his visit to Cairo
- Drought threatens millions in Somalia as government declares state of emergency
- The state of Taraba signals the integrated vaccination campaign against yellow fever, measles and meningitis