The Oye Local Government Council on Wednesday admonished all residents to always wear facemasks to curb the spread of the COVID-19.
Ojo said that the council would ensure that residents complied with the directive of the state and federal governments.
He also urged the traditional institution to sensitise the people on the need to wear facemasks to curb the spread of the pandemic.
” We are so passionate about the health of our people, I am appealing to the people in our community to always wear facemasks whenever they are going out.
“The facemask is a very cheap material which people can afford to buy or even make themselves, I want to urge people to always use it.
“Also, I want to appeal to the chiefs and traditional obas to continue to sensitise people on the importance of wearing facemask,” he said.
Ojo assured the people that his administration would continue to deploy all possible measures to curb the spread of the deadly virus in the area.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Mufutau Ojo) (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3bSk
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala
- Managing mental health conditions among army officers