By Aderogba George
Leaders in strategic life positions have been tasked with playing a leading role in the campaign to encourage Nigerians to take the COVID-19 vaccine.
Speaking at the workshop, Ms Elizabeth Onitolo, Communication for Development (C4D) Specialist, UNICEF, noted that leaders must play their part if the results required to prevent and stop COVID-19 are to be achieved. .
“We need the COVID-19 vaccine to stop this pandemic; vaccines work with the immune system and that is why we need to be vaccinated.
“Widespread use of the vaccine can reduce the spread in the community and the chances of a new variant appearing. It will also reduce the chances of a lockdown.
“In order for us to come out of this pandemic, all hands must be on the bridge. We all have to work together; everyone must be on the same wavelength, ”she stressed.
According to the C4D specialist, executives and influencers should dedicate resources and time to ensure that the COVID-19 vaccination achieves the desired result.
According to her, community engagement, social mobilization and advocacy are necessary to make exercise a success.
She revealed that there were more than 200 vaccines currently being tested around the world, adding that three potential vaccines from Nigeria were also on the list for trials.
The C4D specialist also called on community and market leaders to be well informed in order to give correct information about COVID-19 to members of their community.
She said building partnerships and alliances at every point of engagement will also help ensure that Nigerians know the benefits of taking full doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOi
- FROM THE FIELD: Ugandan conflict survivor helps communities find ‘ways forward’
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 5, 2021)
- Day of the Midwife: Invest in midwives to save more lives — UNFPA
- Liquid Telecom unveils new identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies in Botswana as it establishes itself as the digital services partner of choice for African businesses
- Buhari salutes ex-NSC DG Al-Hassan Yakmut at 60
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Enugu State inaugurates board for universal health coverage
- Video Press Release: WHO Africa COVID-19 Online Briefing