By Aderogba George
Leaders in strategic life positions have been tasked with playing a leading role in the campaign to encourage Nigerians to take the COVID-19 vaccine.
Speaking at the workshop, Ms Elizabeth Onitolo, Communication for Development (C4D) Specialist, UNICEF, noted that leaders must play their part if the results required to prevent and stop COVID-19 are to be achieved. .
“We need the COVID-19 vaccine to stop this pandemic; vaccines work with the immune system and that is why we need to be vaccinated.
“Widespread use of the vaccine can reduce the spread in the community and the chances of a new variant appearing. It will also reduce the chances of a lockdown.
“In order for us to come out of this pandemic, all hands must be on the bridge. We all have to work together; everyone must be on the same wavelength, ”she stressed.
According to the C4D specialist, executives and influencers should dedicate resources and time to ensure that the COVID-19 vaccination achieves the desired result.
According to her, community engagement, social mobilization and advocacy are necessary to make exercise a success.
She revealed that there were more than 200 vaccines currently being tested around the world, adding that three potential vaccines from Nigeria were also on the list for trials.
The C4D specialist also called on community and market leaders to be well informed in order to give correct information about COVID-19 to members of their community.
She said building partnerships and alliances at every point of engagement will also help ensure that Nigerians know the benefits of taking full doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOi
- JUSUN urges FG to deduct Judiciary funds from May FAAC
- Eid-el-Fitr: APC urges Nigerians to pray for country’s leaders, peace, unity
- WHO panel urges bold overhaul of pandemic prevention measures
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration