The Philippines now has more than 962,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 16,265 deaths.
The DFA said Duterte had appointed Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin as his summit special envoy who would discuss ASEAN’s collective efforts to address threats and challenges to peace and stability in the region.
“This special leaders’ meeting will address pressing issues in the region, including recovery efforts, the situation in Myanmar, efforts to strengthen the ASEAN community, foreign relations, and regional and international issues,” said added the press release from the DFA. (Xinhua / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z4q
- Police arrest 8 suspected kidnappers in Osun
- INEC engages stakeholders on polling points’ conversion in Oyo
- Opening remarks by the WHO Director-General at the high-level emergency virtual meeting of African ministers of health on the COVID-19 situation in Africa
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (May 7, 2021)
- Ramadan: RMAFC Chairman Mbam urges Nigerians to be tolerant, brothers’ keepers
- B-roll: African rugby teams meet to prepare for the Olympics and Olympic draft – Day 1
- Troops foil kidnap attempt, kill 1 bandit in Kaduna
- D’banj leads Nigeria to Motorsport Championships
- Super league – FIFA chief Infantino: “We need to face the problems in football together”