The Ogun Government has appealed to corporate organisations such as banks, industries, large and small scale enterprises to decontaminate their premises ahead of resumption of some business activities.
Mr Abiodun Abudu-Balogun, the Commissioner for Environment, made the appeal in a statement issued in Abeokuta on Sunday.
The commissioner said that the measure was desirable because of large volume of customers and visitors that thronged their premises for transactions.
Abudu-Balogun explained that it was also to complement the state government’s efforts at flattening the curve of the pandemic in the state.
He commended the corporate organisations for their support for the Gov. Dapo Abiodun-led government and their host communities through donation of medical interventions and palliatives.
He noted that it was important for them to complete the cyle of war against COVID-19 by decontaminating their premises to help stop the spread of the virus.
The commissioner urged the organisations to enforce government directives on the pandemic at their premises through wearing of face masks by their workers, visitors, keep social distancing and provision of hand washing materials and sanitisers.
He appealed to organisations to feel free to contact the Ministry of Environment for assistance in decontaminating their premises and general environment if need be, so that the coronavirus scourge could be defeated in the state.
Edited By: Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Visit of the message of unity, peace and solidarity in Mali
- Innovative Smart Bag Redefines Menstruation Management for Refugee Girls in Uganda
- UNMISS helps restore calm and stability after recent violence in Koch