The Executive Director of the Foundation, Mr Benson Olugbuo, made the appeal in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja.
He called for synergy between the Federal and State Governments.
Olugbuo said that in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic, a collective and coordinated action was required by all citizens with the support of government at all levels.
“There is need to synergise and constantly review developments across the country as the Federal Government plans a gradual relaxation of the restriction of movement imposed few weeks ago.
“The Federal Government and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) should work toward activating more testing centres across Nigeria and embark on aggressive testing of citizens.
“It should also intensify COVID-19 awareness in local communities by sensitising the people about the seriousness of the virus and the dangers of shielding infected persons.
“The Presidential Task Force (PTF) should prioritise the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for security agents as promised by the President during the recent national broadcast,” he said.
Olugbuo noted that the need for PPEs for security agents was borne out of reports across the country that only a few security personnel wore PPEs while enforcing government directives.
He said thst this was a contributing factor to non-compliance by citizens with the government’s directives on personal preventive and protective measures against COVID-19.
He said the need to provide PPE for security agents could not be overemphasised.
Olugbuo advised the Federal Government to prioritise the distribution of face masks as a first line of defence against the pandemic for its citizens.
He, however, appealed to the PTF to address the alleged imbalance in the distribution of palliatives across the country.
Edited By: Tayo Ikujuni/Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3b4M
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel