Agbado/Oke-Odo Local Council Development Area LCDA in Lagos State has commenced total fumigation of all markets and public places to sanitise and prevent the spread of Coronavirus in the area.
Dr Augustine Arogundade, the LCDA Chairman in a statement on Tuesday, said that health centres and market places would not be left out in the exercise.
“As part of measures to combat the spread of COVID-19 in Agbado/Okeodo LCDA, we have ordered the fumigation of all the health centres and market places to curtail the spread of the pandemic virus in the community.
“This exercise is being carried out by the committee set up by the council and led by the Vice Chairman, Mr David Famuyiwa, who doubled as the Supervisor for the Environment,” he said.
The council chairman, however, urged the residents to adhere to the stay-at-home directive as their lives were important.
He said that people should take the directive as a sacrifice to survive the scourge and prevent the society from calamities.
“This may be difficult, particularly, for those who feed on daily incomes, but the situation now is getting worse by the day in Lagos and Abuja.
“As your elected representatives and Executive Chairman of our LCDA, I am using this medium to sympathise with our people during this trying period.
“Please stay safe at home during this lockdown; more importantly, let’s be closer to our God at this time.
“I assured you that this time will surely pass and we will live to tell the stories of our victory to our unborn generation in Jesus mighty name,” he said.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Wale Ojetimi
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zambia: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Visit of the message of unity, peace and solidarity in Mali
- Innovative Smart Bag Redefines Menstruation Management for Refugee Girls in Uganda
- UNMISS helps restore calm and stability after recent violence in Koch