Alhaji Mohammed Alkali of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly, has distributed 500 bags of rice to the people of his constituency to cushion the effect of COVID-19 pandemic and to celebrate the forthcoming Eid-el-Fitri.
Alkali, who is a member representing Lafia North Constituency and the House Deputy Chief Whip, distributed the palliatives in Lafia on Wednesday.
He said that the gesture was to improve on the standard of living of the people of his constituency.
The lawmaker urged the beneficiaries to use the items for the purpose they were meant for to better their lives.
According to him, the beneficiaries were drawn from Shabu/Kwandare, Adogi, Ashige, Assakio, Arikya and Awuma Koron Kuje wards of the constituency.
“We have 250 bags of 50kg of rice and 250 bags of 25 kg of rice making a total of 500 bags distributed.
“I urge the beneficiaries to use the items in order to improve on their standard of living during the Muslim festival celebration and to cushion the effect of COVID-19 pandemic,” he said.
He urged the people of his constituency, the state and Nigerians at large to adhere strictly to all preventive measures against COVID-19 to contain its spread in the country.
Besides, the lawmaker also distributed 100 bags of NPK 20:10:10 of fertilizer under his Foundation “Talban Arikya Agriculture Support Foundation” to boost food security in the area and the state at large.
Alkali gave an assurance of quality representation as well as to protect the people’s interest and improve their welfare in appreciation of the mandate given to him by the people of the area.
He called on the people and the state at large to support government policies and programmes to enjoy more dividends of democracy.
Responding, the Councillor representing Ashige Ward in Lafia Legislative Council, Mr Yakubu Ali, appreciated the lawmaker for the gesture.
He promised their support to the lawmaker to succeed.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3dZN
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges
- Bill to regulate administration of sports mooted
- Compact: African Development Bank and IFC Partner to Advance Economic Development in Lusophone African countries
- Lagos govt explains why Nigerian Army intervened during EndSARS protests
- N15 bn cocoa processing plant begins operation in Ondo
- Fighting against drought-induced hunger: FAO provides rural households in Somalia with cash livestock and agricultural support
- ABU, CBN develop national farmers’ database
- Nigerian Navy arrests 5 stowaways at Lagos anchorage
- Woodside Energy Confirms Participation at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
- After media reports, Kano govt unseals chamber of lawyer who secures victory against Ganduje-led APC