The total COVID-19 cases in India surpassed 600,000-mark, reaching 604,641 on Thursday, and the death toll rose to 17,834, said the latest data released by the federal health ministry.
The ministry said 434 new deaths due to COVID-19, besides fresh 19,148 positive cases, were reported during the past 24 hours across the country, taking the number of deaths to 17,834 and the total cases to 604,641.
On Wednesday morning the number of COVID-19 cases in the country was 585,493, and the death toll stood at 17,400.
According to ministry officials, so far 359,860 people have been discharged from hospitals after showing improvement.
The number of active cases in the country right now is 226,947.
The country entered Unlock 2.0 phase on Wednesday, the guidelines of which continue to impose restrictions inside the COVID-19 Containment Zones. It has been decided that schools, colleges and coaching institutions will remain closed till July 31.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3n9j
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel