COVID-19: CAN tasks churches on preventive measures: The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Oyo State chapter, has called on Christians to take all preventive measures against the spread of Coronavirus.
The Chairman of the association, Pastor Benjamin Akanmu, said this in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency , on Monday in Ibadan.
He urged churches in the state to endeavor to provide hygienic environment, hand sanitisers and thermometers to check people’s temperatures before being allowed to gain access.
The CAN, while reiterating the fact that God had solution to all problems, urged people to humble themselves, call on God and give Him chance to act by forsaking their sinful ways and arrogance.
“I want to refer people II Chronicles 7:11-14. There is the need to pray for divine intervention. That is why virtually all churches in Oyo state prayed fervently yesterday because it is under a peaceful atmosphere that people can enjoy government.
“If there is disaster, epidemics and deaths, everything will stand still in the country and there won’t be good governance. That is why we pray for government, protection of lives and the country at large.
“Government should give the spiritual aspect to the church to avoid distractions to good governance. They sure need prayers to be able to fulfill their promises to the people without any hitch,” he said.
Akanmu urged Christian faithful not to be afraid, but to call on God through prayers, saying that Satan was working relentlessly on how to torment and afflict the world.
“We all need to play our parts and leave the remaining in God’s hands. I am confident that our God who created us for His glory will surely put an end to the problem of Coronavirus,” he said.
NAN reports that CAN has declared March 28 and March 29 as days of nationwide prayer and fasting for God’s intervention in the Coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world, including Nigeria.
Edited By: Abiodun Esan and
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Zimbabwe: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Sports journalism: Guinean security must release Dioulde now – AIPS Africa
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 27, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Uganda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 26, 2021)