The Magistrate, O. Ogunsanya, who did not take the defendant’s plea, directed the prosecutor to duplicate the file and send it to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for advice.
Ogunsanya adjourned the case until Dec. 7.
The Prosecutor, Insp. Emmanuel Ajayi, had told the court that the defendant committed the offence on March 4 at his residence in Meiran area of Lagos.
He said that the defendant had canal knowledge of the teenager.
“The defendant entered into the girl’s room, forcefully removed her clothes and started having sexual intercourse with her.
“The girl shouted for help continuously and luckily, somebody heard her voice and rushed to the room.
“She was rescued, the case was reported and the defendant was arrested,” the prosecutor said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that defilement violates Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015, which attracts life imprisonment for the accused found guilty.
Edited By: Joseph Edeh/Ejike Obeta
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3x1w
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)
- JUSUN, PASAN strike to end soon – FG
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 6, 2021)
- Jagun emerges new president of computer professionals council
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 6, 2021)
- Lagos to connect 100 schools to internet in May – Sanwo-Olu
- #EndSARS: Insurance companies pay N4bn claims – NIA
- NCDC confirms 28 new COVID-19 infections in Nigeria
- Coronavirus – Daily update on the status of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 6, 2021)