An Ile-Ife Magistrate’s Court in Osun on Friday remanded one Alayande Afolabi, 28 and Ibrahim Wasiu, 23, over alleged serial armed robbery.
The Prosecutor, ASP Joseph Adebayo, told the court that the defendants conspired among themselves to commit the offence at 6:00 am on Nov 19, 2020 in Ile-Ife.
He added that the defendants armed themselves with guns and other dangerous weapons to rob one Adetutu Adewuyi of one Bajaj Boxer Motorcycle with Reg No: GGE, valued at N230,000.
According to him, the defendants armed themselves with guns and other dangerous weapons to rob one Babatunde Lateef of one Bajaj Boxer Motorcycle with Reg No: KSF 812 QM, valued N240,000.
The Prosecutor stated further that the defendants armed themselves with guns and other dangerous weapons and attempted to rob one Ogundare Idowu of one Bajaj Boxer Motorcycle with Reg No: KRD 251 QG, valued N220,000.
Adebayo added that the defendants unlawfully had in their possession three live cartridges, an act that contravened several sections of the Criminal Code.
Magistrate Bose Idowu did not take the plea of the defendants, but asked the prosecutor to duplicate the case file and forward to the office of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) for legal advice.
Idowu ordered that the defendants be remanded at the Ile-Ife Correctional Centre,, while adjourning the case to January, 2021 for mention.
Edited By: Mouktar Adamu
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to launch Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihoods Initiative (WELI)
- Sonangol celebrates 45 years in the service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark)
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens workshops in Mozambique and celebrates International Women’s Day
- Call for an independent investigation into the death of Rwandan singer Kizito Mihigo
- Kasi Insight data on Africa is now available as part of an alternative data catalog through Bloomberg’s Data Market Place
- Whenever you’re ready to travel again, Jumeirah is here to help plan the perfect vacation with an exclusive global offer.
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (March 7, 2021)
- Global COVID-19 experts see inequitable vaccine distribution and reluctance to be key challenges for Africa in 2021
- Q&A with Paula Lanco – President of the Women’s Rugby Advisory Committee