An Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on Monday ordered that a 40-year-old man, Folarin Rafiu, charged with alleged sexual assault of a five-year-old girl.
Rafiu, who resides at Ojodu area of Lagos, is charged with indecent treatment of a child.
She ordered that Rafiu be kept in the Kirikiri Correctional Centre, pending DPP advice.
Kubeinje adjourned the case until Sept. 9 for mention.
The Prosecution Counsel, ASP Bisi Ogunleye, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on July 18 at his residence.
He said that the defendant sexually molested the minor.
Ogunleye said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 135 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that indecent treatment of a child attracts seven years jail term.
Edited By: Folorunso Poroye/Sadiya Hamza (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3tg4
- Chief Justice Delta inaugurates Abraka’s Judicial Division
- PSDC provides motorized water bodies to remote communities in Kebbi
- NPA appoints 4 CEOs, 8 AGMs – Official
- Gunmen kill Amotekun’s body in Oyo
- NGX indices increase by 0.29% on GTBank and Lafarge Africa rally
- Senate holds minute’s silence for Bode Olowoporoku
- We did our best to save Nigeria from insecurity – Ex CDS, Olonisakin
- Bauchi halts wages of 715 suspected ghost workers – SSG
- Governor Oyetola inaugurates committee on mining pollution