An Ikeja Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday ordered the remand of two men accused of robbing a man of his Toyota car and a Samsung Galaxy phone.
The defendants, Tayo Tijani, 34, and Lucky Nuhu, 25, residing at Oshodi Lagos, were charged with conspiracy and robbery.
The offences are punishable under Sections 297(1) and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
He ordered that the defendants be remanded at the Kirikiri Correctional Centre, pending the DPP’s advice.
Adegun, however, adjourned the case until Dec. 4.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, ASP. Ben Emuerhi, told the court that the defendants committed the offences on or before August at Oshodi.
He said that they armed themselves with dangerous weapons and robbed one Daniel Ogbajo of his Toyota Corolla, valued at two million naira.
“The defendants accosted the complainant on the road with an iron rod and a knife and dispossessed him of his belongings.
“They robbed Ogbajo of his Toyota Corolla 2006 model with registration no: EKY 592 , valued at N2 million and also his Samsung Galaxy 17 phone, valued at N250, 000 all totaling N2, 250, 000.
“The complainant reported the robbery case to the police.
“When the defendants were eventually arrested, the complainant identified them as the people who robbed him.”
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that robbery violates Section 297 of the Criminal Code, which attracts not less than 21 years imprisonment while Section 411 prescribes two years for conspiracy.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Silas Nwoha
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3x1x
- Coronavirus – Daily update of the state of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 7, 2021)
- Atiku mourns ex-Minister of Women Affairs, Alhassan
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy