CORRECTION: PAC Capital Limited Closes Landmark Deal for Titan Trust Bank in the Nigerian Banking Industry
NNN: PAC Capital Limited (PACCapitalLtd.com), the investment banking division of PanAfrican Capital Holdings, successfully raised US$300 million in funds from the African Export-Import Bank (“Afreximbank”) on behalf of Titan Trust Bank (“TTB”) to support the acquisition. controlling interest in Union Bank Plc, Nigeria (“UBN”).
PAC Capital CEO Humphrey Oriakhi made this known in a statement shortly after the deal was sealed.
Humphrey said: “Specifically, the concerted financing completed the necessary funds for the acquisition.”
PAC Capital Limited is the investment banking and advisory arm of PanAfricanCapital Holdings, with an excellent track record of successful fundraising and financial advisory services in the aviation, financial services, telecommunications, power and energy, oil and gas, agri-food sectors and hospitality in Nigeria. and beyond.
“PAC Capital Limited played a vital role in arranging some of the acquisition consideration for this landmark transaction in which TTB acquired a majority stake in UBN. We sincerely thank PAC Capital and Afreximbank for supporting the deal with the utmost professionalism and efficiency,” said Mudassir Amray, former CEO of Titan Trust Bank and now CEO and CEO of Union Bank.
“The funding was closed in record time,” Mudassir added.
This acquisition is expected to enhance the competitive dynamics of the Nigerian banking sector while maintaining confidence in the Nigerian financial services industry and broader financial stability. The development impact of the acquisition, as stated by Afreximbank, is immense, as TTB plans to leverage the merged entity to provide financing of approximately US$3 billion over the medium term, of which more than US$600 million will support directly the financing of intra-regional trade.
The investment banking firm was honored as “Nigeria’s Best Investment Banking and Advisory Firm 2022” (https://bit.ly/3OBMXBu) by the World Business Outlook Awards shortly after the landmark deal closed .
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs