735 people have tested positive for the disease, out of a sample of 5,758 people tested in the past 24 hours. Our positivity rate is 12.8%. 634 are Kenyans and 101 are foreigners. 429 are men and 306 are women. The youngest is 8 months old and the oldest is 97 years old.
The total number of confirmed positive cases is now 160,053 and cumulative testing to date is 1,675,310.
Distribution of counties: Nairobi 175, Mombasa 61, Uasin Gishu 49, Kisumu 36, Siaya 34, Nyeri and Nandi 33 cases each, Kakamega 30, Makueni 25, Nakuru 24, Bungoma 23, Kiambu 21, Kilifi 20, Migori and Busia 15 cases each, Isiolo 14, Narok 13, Garissa, Meru and Kitui 12 cases each, Machakos 11, Bomet 8, Kericho 7, Trans Nzoia and Laikipia 6 cases each, Baringo and Murang’a 5 cases each, Elgeyo Marakwet, Taita Taveta, Marsabit , Homa Bay and Kajiado 4 cases each, Vihiga and Embu 3 cases each, Kisii 2, Tharaka Nithi and Samburu 1 case each.
224 patients have recovered from the disease, 177 from home care and isolation, while 47 are from various health facilities across the country. Total recoveries now stand at 108,789, of which 79,234 are from home care and isolation, while 29,555 are from various health facilities.
20 deaths have been reported, 3 of them occurred within 24 hours, 13 on various dates in the past month and 4 are late death reports from facility registry audits. This now brings the number of cumulative deaths to 2,744.
A total of 1,304 patients are admitted to various health facilities across the country, while 6,648 patients are in isolation and in home care. 188 patients are in intensive care, including 31 on ventilatory assistance and 113 on supplemental oxygen. 44 patients are under observation.
137 other patients receive supplementary oxygen separately, including 130 in general services and 7 in high dependency units (HDU).
IMMUNIZATION UPDATE: A total of 884,858 people have so far been vaccinated against the COVID-19 disease across the country. Of these 515,288 are aged 58 and over with others, health workers are 157,967, teachers 137,348 and security officers 74,272.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zp7
- Uzodimma dissolves cabinet, sacks 20 commissioners
- We don’t demand money from job seekers, NDLEA warns applicants
- VC assures of infrastructure development in UNICAL
- Basketball Africa League announces broadcast partners and fixture schedule ahead of inaugural season
- Eid-el-Fitri: Observe fire safety measures, Fire Service CG urges Nigerians
- Ourtv introduces sports channels for Extreme fighting, basketball
- Nizzolo wins the Giro d’Italia Maglia Ciclamino after biting his nails second in stage 5
- YABATECH researchers win Ford Foundation’s $100,000 grant
- National grid: TCN confirms total system collapse