The country recorded 366 positive cases of Covid-19 on Sunday out of a sample of 3,664 tested. That brought the total number of confirmed cases to 151,653 from 1,603,332 cumulative tests done so far. Kenya‘s positivity rate is 10.0%.
According to the cases, 354 are Kenyans and 12 are foreigners. 215 are men and 151 are women. The youngest is a three month old baby while the oldest is 86 years old.
In terms of the distribution of counties; Nairobi 177, Uasin Gishu 24, Kiambu 23, Kilifi 20, Nakuru 19, Kitui 19, Mombasa 12, Machakos 11, Busia 9, Murang’a 8, Kajiado 8, Kericho 6, Homa Bay 6, Isiolo 4, Bungoma 2, Trans Nzoia 2, Elgeyo Marakwet 2, Nyandarua 2, Kisii 2, Meru 1, Migori 1, Nandi 1, Narok 1, Nyamira 1, Nyeri 1, Siaya 1, Vihiga 1, Embu 1 and Kakamega 1.
18 deaths have also been reported, one occurring in 24 hours, 2 on different dates in the past month, while 15 are late deaths made from audits of facility registers. This now brings the cumulative number of deaths to 2,481.
280 patients recovered from the disease on Sunday, 207 from home care and isolation and 73 from various health facilities. Total recoveries now stand at 101,642. The cumulative rejections from home care and isolation are 73,805, while 27,837 are from various health facilities.
A total of 1,620 patients are admitted to various health facilities across the country and 5,832 patients are in isolation and home care. 254 patients are in intensive care, including 56 on ventilatory assistance and 155 on supplemental oxygen. 43 patients are under observation.
218 other patients receive supplementary oxygen separately, including 204 in general wards and 14 in high dependency units (HDU).
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yXj
- Gov. Diri recommends electronic voting for future election
- Pfizer, Moderna vaccines 94% effective – CDC study
- Imminent food crisis: young farmers recommend emergency food security plan
- Nigeria’s security challenges surmountable, says Gov. Fayemi
- Police not Nigeria’s problem – Sen. Dickson
- Transition: We’ll lend helping hand, Buhari tells Chad
- Team Nigeria on course to qualify for Tokyo Olympics relay races —- George
- Eid-el-Fitr: Foundation distributes food items to widows, orphans in Kaduna
- WHO cautions on excessive speed to reduce road accidents