EVENT: Please join us on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 for a telephonic press briefing with a senior U.S. official speaking on background about the U.S. response to the COVID-19 pandemic in Africa.
The United States is the undisputed leader in the provision of health and humanitarian aid, around the world and has continued to demonstrate its global leadership in public health and humanitarian assistance in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The U.S. State Department, USAID, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are working together to support health systems, humanitarian assistance, and economic, security, and stabilization efforts worldwide with $2.7 billion in emergency supplemental funding. In Africa, the U.S is providing more than $65 million in health assistance that will help governments with laboratory preparations, case-finding activities and event-based surveillance, support technical experts for response and preparedness, risk communication, infection prevention and control, and more.
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Time: 14:00 SAST (Johannesburg) | 12:00 UTC | 08:00 EDT
Please use Time Zone Converter to determine the start time of the event for your location.
Languages: English. French interpretation will be offered.
Ground rules: ON BACKGROUND, Attributed to a Senior Administration Official
Dial-in Info: To be provided upon RSVP
RSVP: Please RSVP here
- Callers should dial in to the conference call at least 10 minutes early. The operator will ask for your name, press affiliation, and location.
- Speaker will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the floor to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to press “1”, then “0”, on their phones to enter the question and answer queue. You may also submit questions in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Questions from French line must be submitted in ENGLISH in advance via Eventbrite (when you RSVP), or during the call via email to email@example.com.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the call, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to alert the moderator.