The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the horse parade is a tourism event organised by most the Emirs in the North, which attracts thousands of people during the sallah festivities.
Sulaiman said at the stakeholders’ meeting with the State government on Wednesday in Bauchi that the cancellation of the event was necessitated by the global Coronavirus pandemic.
He said the world was faced with the dreaded coronavirus disesase which had caused untold hardship to the people.
“We will do everything possible to see that we stop the spread of the virus in our society.
“Therefore, the annual “ daushe” horse parade is cancelled to ensure adherence to social distancing and discourage all forms of social gathering in the state,” he said.
Edited By: Angela Okisor (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3e49
- Ekiti Govt. repositions technical colleges to boost vocational skills
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 15, 2021)
- Governors’ Forum best platform to discuss issues affecting Nigeria – Jonathan
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 15, 2021)
- Swiatek humilitates Pliskova for Rome title
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 15, 2021)
- Smart World: Learnali, TechHerNG to empower 10,000 Africans
- District in China closes schools over COVID-19 resurgence
- Supporters Club hails Ndidi, Iheanacho for FA Cup glory