The group, under the umbrella Concerned Ondo State APC Leaders and Members Forum, made the call in Abuja, in an open letter, signed by the Chairman, Mr Tomoloju Obembe, and the Secretary, Mr Gabriel Ajetumobi.
He said that there is lack of internal democracy in the state chapter of the party and that there is a lot of irregularities in the selection of delegates.
Obembe alleged that the state chairman has anointed aspirants ahead of the 2023 general election and he is using party machineries in their favour against other aspirants.
According to him, Adetimehin directed wards and local government executive members not to grant audience or interact with other aspirants who are not privileged to be anointed.
“We understand that the State Government has set up a committee, chaired by the Deputy Governor and a few Government appointees, to scrutinize lists submitted by the hand-picked cronies of Adetimehin, contrary to the provisions of the Electoral Act as amended and APC guidelines.
“It is obvious that Adetimehin and his crew do not understand that delegates’ election is part of the primaries for selection of candidates and must be held in accordance with the Electoral Act and APC Constitution.
“The national chairman is also reminded of the Supreme Court’s judgement on the candidature of Andy Uba in the last governorship election in Anambra State, wherein the learned Justices of the Supreme Court nullified the candidature of Andy Uba on the ground that APC did not obey its own rules.
“The actions of Adetimehin are clearly at variance with the APC Constitution and the party guidelines of the forthcoming primaries.
“Adetimehin is laying the foundation for a similar outcome in Ondo state as party members who have bought nomination forms for different offices, including as ad hoc delegates, are gathering facts of clear violation of the Electoral Act.
“The national chairman and leadership of APC should recall that APC came second in Ondo during the 2019 presidential and National Assembly elections on account of the anti-party activities of Adetimehin and the state leadership of the party.
“The grounds for rebellious anti-party actions by aggrieved party members in protest over the tyrannical acts of the state leadership of APC have been laid by Adetimehin.
“We ask that the chairman and NWC call Adetimehin to order or in the alternative suspend Adetimehin from office as he is unfit to run the party at this critical time.
“Otherwise, he should be excluded from the forthcoming primaries as he is not impartial and cannot guarantee a free, fair and credible primaries acceptable to members of the party,’’ he said.
At the time of filing this report, all attempts to reach Adetimehin failed as he was not responding to calls, text or WhatApp messages to his phone.
- APC constitutes 61-member campaign council for Ekiti State governorship election
- If elected, I will implement a blue print for the immediate growth of Delta – APC female aspirant
- Environmentalists fault EU’s alternative to Russian Gas instead of renewables
- Zamfara APC reconciliation not on personal interest, says ex Gov. Yari
- Experts, veterans charge journalists on professionalism
- Nigeria, others review progress on global migration compact
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco