CITN applauds FCT-IRS for generating N118bn in 2021
NNN: The Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) has praised the Federal Capital Territory Internal Revenue Service (FCT-IRS) for generating revenue of N118 billion in 2021.
Head of Corporate Communications FCT-IRS Malam Mustapha Sumaila made this known in a statement in Abuja on Sunday.
The Institute’s President, Mr. Adesina Adedayo, commended the FCT-IRS when he paid a courtesy call on the Service’s Acting Executive Chairman, Mr. Haruna Abdullahi.
Adedayo, who led a team of tax experts made up of two former presidents of the institute, executives and members, said that the visit was to formally inform and seek the support of the Service in the next 40th Anniversary of the institute.
He said the visit would allow the institute to notify the interim president of the 24th Annual Tax Conference scheduled to take place in Abuja and Lagos on February 1 and 5, 2022, respectively.
Adedayo expressed his delight at the achievements recorded, saying it was commendable that the service surpassed its target of 109 billion naira by the end of November 2021.
According to him, it is a laudable feat to achieve despite COVID-19 and the economic challenges posed by business and income generation in the country.
The president of the institute, whose visit coincided with the last day of a four-day Tax Drive of organized activities to raise awareness, applauded the strategic approach deployed.
He praised the awareness campaign with a road show as a lighting strategy that aimed to awaken and increase the culture and organizations that pay taxes.
Adedayo also stated that the institute would look forward to further collaboration with the FCT-IRS to foster a better working relationship.
He said he would establish a joint technical committee to improve the FCT-IRS revenue performance through a peer review and strategy session, as well as consultative briefings.
In his remarks, Dr. Kayode Naiyeju, former president of the Institute and also former CEO of the Internal Revenue Service, commended the FCT-IRS’s leadership in providing a supportive environment for taxpayers.
He said such an environment would excite those who come to pay their taxes.
“I was moved when I entered the place because of how beautiful and well organized it is. Every taxpayer who walks into this building will be happy to do business with FCT-IRS,” said Naiyeju.
In response, Abdullahi reiterated the service’s commitment to partnering with CITN and other relevant organizations to train staff for effective service delivery.
He added that he would always welcome any form of partnership that would help build the capacity of his staff with a view to achieving better performance in the Service.
“FCT-IRS places a high priority on training and I am always open and welcome any organization, institute or individual to help develop the skills and abilities of their staff,” he said.
On the 40th Anniversary of the Institute and the Tax Conference, Abdullahi promised to provide the necessary support and also to mobilize the Service’s personnel to participate in historical events.
He expressed his joy at the visit of the delegation led by CITN.
He noted that FCT-IRS had been associated with the institute and would continue to work to maintain such collaboration for the betterment of FCT and the country in general.
The Acting CEO described Naiyeju as a mentor, teacher and expert when it comes to the field of taxation, noting that being part of the delegation was a great motivator for him and indeed for the Service.
- Vertiv Strengthens EMEA Leadership Team with New Promotions
- Four-star Botswana see off Burundi in debutants match up
- South Africa: Abandoned Coal Mines Risk Safety, Rights
- Sallah: FRSC to deploy breathalysers – FRSC
- UN-Habitat, ESCWA highlight the importance of data collection and monitoring in improving the resilience of Arab cities
- Abuja fans express disappointment over Super Falcons’ poor performance against South Africa
- Kenya: President Kenyatta Assures of Conducive Investment Environment
- Super Falcons unfazed inspite of loss to South Africa, says Coach Waldrum
- Win against Nigeria crucial to our title ambition, says South Africa’s coach
- Libya: new suspected mass graves found in Tarhuna, says UN human rights probe
- Paucity of funds delays development of education in Katsina State – Official
- Borno inaugurates committee on repatriation, management of repentant insurgents
- Police re-arrest jailbreaker in Ondo State
- Army restates resolve to checkmate proliferation of small arms, light weapons
- Nadal swats away Dutchman Van de Zandschulp to march into quarters
- Presidential Amnesty boss woos N/Delta Diaspora to invest at home
- Saudi Exports Hosts 80 Egyptian and Nigerian Importers
- 2023: Sani picks El-Rufai’s deputy, Balarabe, as running mate
- Hoodlums attack lawmakers, injured 6, damage cars in Bauchi
- Enugu fans express dismay over Super Falcon 2-1 loss to S/Africa