China to donate sports equipment to 50 schools in Sudan
NNN: The Chinese embassy in Khartoum said on Friday it had signed a deal with a charity foundation to donate sports equipment to 50 schools in Sudan.
The deal was signed with the Sanad Charity Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), the embassy said.
Addressing the signing ceremony, Samia Osman, Director-General of the Sanad Charity Foundation, reiterated her foundation’s commitment to supporting schools, rehabilitating classrooms and providing them with seats.
She commended the partnership between her foundation and the Chinese embassy in Khartoum, saying “this partnership has been standing for five years in the fields of winter clothes, solar power project and health equipment projects.”
The Chinese embassy has been working with the foundation in providing aid to local schools, including school bags, seats and now sports equipment, as the sports is no less important than the academic activities, Osman said.
Chinese Ambassador to Sudan, Li Lianhe, for his part, praised the historical ties between China and Sudan as well as the deeply-rooted friendship between the two peoples in various fields.
He reiterated China’s keenness to enhance its ties with Sudan in a manner that benefits the two countries, noting that China is working to support education in Sudan.
The Chinese envoy noted that the embassy had implemented more than 10 donation projects over the past years to support schools, teachers and students in Sudan.
Edited by: Fatima Sule/Felix Ajide
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General – on Mali
- UN needs $68.4 million to help Central African Republic where 2.2 million are acutely food insecure
- Lagos Assembly adopts recommendations on Data Protection Bill
- England ready for Old Trafford launch of Euro bid
- West Africa and the MSGBC Region Showcase a Hive of Exploration Activities
- NSITF to collaborate ILO to regulate COVID-19 claims, compensations
- NGO tasks media on championing basic education rights in Kaduna
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official