China has fully and effectively fulfilled its commitments to the World Trade Organization, the WTO, and has achieved wide recognition from the vast majority of WTO members, the trade ministry said Thursday.
Since joining the WTO in 2001, China has made vigorous efforts to align with WTO rules, open up its market and abide by the rules, said Wang Shouwen, Chinese vice minister of commerce, at the meeting. a press conference on the eighth trade policy review of the WTO. from China.
Wang said China has received full recognition from WTO Director General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and the vast majority of WTO members, who is also China’s deputy representative for international trade.
He added that China’s overall tariff level has fallen from 15.3% when China entered the WTO to 7.4% currently, lower than all developing members and close to that of developed members of the WTO.
Xinhua / NAN
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3DxP
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara
- ISWAP terrorists flee as Super Tucanos ‘hover’ around Buni Yadi
- Gov. Fintiri dissolves management board of Adamawa United FC
- Three students killed in US high school shooting
- WHO advice for international traffic in relation to the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant (B.1.1.529)
- Basic Education Committee comfortable that DBE ready for 2022 academic year
- FirstBank, others partner to reposition non-oil export for economic growth
- Nigeria Machine Tools partners firm to manufacture valves
- New project to drive stability and peace in Central Equatoria launched by trust fund partners