China has administered more than 200 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine nationwide, a health official said at a press conference on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the pandemic continued to spread across the world, with the number of new confirmed COVID-19 cases increasing for eight consecutive weeks, said Mi Feng, spokesperson for the National Health Commission.
There were 5.26 million new cases reported worldwide earlier, the biggest weekly increase since the coronavirus outbreak, Mi said.
As new variants of the virus continue to emerge, China still faces challenges to prevent imported cases and national resurgence, he added. (Xinhua / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z1Z
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners