China has administered more than 200 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine nationwide, a health official said at a press conference on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the pandemic continued to spread across the world, with the number of new confirmed COVID-19 cases increasing for eight consecutive weeks, said Mi Feng, spokesperson for the National Health Commission.
There were 5.26 million new cases reported worldwide earlier, the biggest weekly increase since the coronavirus outbreak, Mi said.
As new variants of the virus continue to emerge, China still faces challenges to prevent imported cases and national resurgence, he added. (Xinhua / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z1Z
- Super league – FIFA chief Infantino: “We need to face the problems in football together”
- Forum tasks FG on MSMEs growth
- Video press release: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- APC will take over Rivers Govt House in 2023- State Chairman
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 7, 2021)
- FRSC enjoins passengers to caution reckless drivers
- Coronavirus – Daily update of the state of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 7, 2021)
- Atiku mourns ex-Minister of Women Affairs, Alhassan
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread