NNN: The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has injected 284.2 million dollars in the retail Secondary Market Intervention Sales (SMIS).
The bank’s Director, Corporate Communications Department, Mr Isaac Okorafor, made this known in a statement in Abuja.
Okorafor said the move was the latest round of mediation in the inter-bank foreign exchange market.
He said the bank also injected CNY36.0 million in the spot and short-tenured forwards segment of the inter-bank foreign market.
The Spokesperson explained that the United States dollars-denominated transactions were to meet requests in the agricultural and raw materials sectors, while those in Chinese Yuan were for Renminbi-denominated Letters of Credit.
Okorafor added that the bank was satisfied with the continued stability in the foreign exchange market and assured that the CBN would remain committed to ensuring that all the sectors of the forex market continue to enjoy access to the needed foreign exchange.
The Nigeria News Agency recalls that CBN at the last round of sales on July 23, intervened in the inter-bank sector of the Foreign Exchange market with the sum of 210 million dollars.
Edited by Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- Retirement: Staff, friends of National Hospital Abuja laud outgoing CMD
- UNICEF applauds release of over 50 abducted children in Ondo
- Security consultant advises Nigerians to know their neighbours
- MSF calls for urgent humanitarian response in Borno
- World Sports Press Day 2022: Message from the President of ANOCA
- Financial experts attribute decline in living standards to high inflation rate
- UFC: Sunday Dare Congratulates Israel Adesanya on Another Successful Title Defence
- Appeal Court fixes July 5 for judgment in Abuja land dispute matter
- Hundreds of anti-coup protesters in Sudan defy security forces
- NAFDAC shuts 10 water factories in Ondo
- 2023: Group drums support for Obi, urges people to get PVC
- Taraba Govt. begins sensitisation of community to privitisation of highland tea
- Bible Society honours Awolowo-Dosumu, Maiden Alex-Ibru, others
- NYSC condemns alleged electoral misconduct involving corps member in Osun
- NSE to partner stakeholders in replacing manhole covers, other projects
- Ogun govt. commiserates with labour, deceased family over teacher’s death
- Night travels: Accident claims 18 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- President Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 2023 election: PDP will win despite internal crisis, says Adedipe
- Ex-Iran president’s daughter charged with propaganda, blasphemy